To transfer all your files to the 'Documents' module, you can upload existing documents from your computer hard disk drive to the online office.
To upload a file,
- Open the needed section or folder where you want to upload your files to by selecting corresponding options at the left-side panel,
- Click the button in the left upper corner within the 'Documents' module,
- Choose the files you want to upload to the online office in the file manager window and click the Open button.
Or simply drag-and-drop a file from your computer to the working area to upload it to your portal even more easily.
The uploading process will start, right after that the uploaded file(s) will be converted to the Office Open XML format. By default both files (file in original format + file in Office Open XML format ) are placed into the selected folder. If you don't need files in original format at the portal, you can uncheck the Save the file copy in the original format as well box. It'll be taken into consideration during the next uploading operations and a converted file will be placed as a new revision of the original file rather than as a new separate file.
If the file with the same name already exists in the folder, a copy of the file will be created by default. If you wish to update the version of the existing file, click the Common Settings link from the Settings list on the left side panel and check the Update the file version for the existing file with the same name option. This parameter will be applied to all the files uploaded afterwards.
You can also create new files or folders within Documents. To do that,
- Open the needed section or folder where you want to create a new file by selecting corresponding options at the left-side panel
- Click the Create button in the left upper corner and select one of the following options:
- Document to create a new text document
- Spreadsheet to create a new spreadsheet
- Presentation to create a new presentation
- Folder to create a new folder
- Enter a name for your file or folder into the appropriate field and click the icon